Gaither introduces ‘Doggy Daycare’ for teachers

Madyson+Kinsey+%28left%29+and+Heaven+Robles+%28right%29+stand+with+daycare+member+Finch.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Madyson Kinsey (left) and Heaven Robles (right) stand with daycare member Finch.

Rachel Slay

Rachel Slay

Rachel Slay

Lexi Mariash, Staff Writer

Thursdays are special days in room 305 at Gaither High School.

The veterinarian program has started a doggy daycare, allowing teachers to bring their dog(s) to school every Thursday and leave them under the care of veterinary teacher, Mrs. Moreta, and her students.

“Vet one [class] walks the dogs, vet two does baths, vet three does nails and vet four does ears and light grooming,” said Moreta. 

At the daycare dogs will be taken care of, walked, bathed and groomed by students in veterinary training, and teachers get all this for $10 per dog.  

The daycare provides teachers with affordable, convenient care for their dogs, and it also helps students who are working toward veterinary certification.

Rachel Slay
Students clean daycare member Ava’s ears.

“It’s great to actually be working with the animals instead of reading materials because not only is it good practice, it helps us to earn hours toward our certification,” said student Heaven Robles.

Teachers who would like to sign up should contact Moreta through email at [email protected]