Gaither Swim Makes New Changes For New Year

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo Courtesy of Sabrina Maxey

Photo Courtesy of Sabrina Maxey

Photo Courtesy of Sabrina Maxey

Photo Courtesy of Sabrina Maxey

Amanda Hase, Staff Writer

With the new school year rolling in and swim season starting up, the Gaither swim team has made many changes to better themselves and prepare for a brand new year full of success.

In past years the swim team has held practices after school, but at the start of this school year they decided it would be more beneficial to hold the practices in the morning prior to school instead.

“My day is much more productive and my afternoons are freed for homework and other extracurricular activities. I feel so energized throughout the day and I have no trouble falling asleep at night,” said Kateri Espinosa, junior and captain of the girls swim team.

“The later start times in school promoted more rest for students to achieve their objectives for the days as well as health benefits, also giving us a better way of training and so forth.” said Alex Stern, senior and captain of the boys swim team.

Other than the changes made to practices, the swim team has also decided to make changes on other things such as the way they introduce newcomers to the team. They have created a blue silver meet so the freshmen and students new to the swim team could get a feel of what it is like to compete at meets with their fellow teammates as their competition.

The Gaither swim team will continue to work hard and hold practice early for the remainder of the season and will try their hardest to improve on every level this year.