Gaither Wrestling Gears Up For Upcoming Season

Joey Garcia, Staff Writer

Gaither’s wrestling team started their new season on Mon. Nov. 6, introducing some new members to the team. Experienced wrestlers are teaching the new recruits the skills they’ve learned from past seasons.

All 14 wrestlers are excited and in high hopes of a strong season, especially senior Eliu Reyes.

“I feel like this season is going to be amazing. we got a lot of new faces and everyone is hungry to learn!”

In preparation of their first tournament on Tuesday, Nov. 23, practices are being held every week Monday through Friday, starting at 5:30 p.m. and end at 7:30 p.m. With everyday practices, the team is starting over their daily routines to make sure the team is strong and well-prepared for further tournaments.

Junior Thomas Fishback is going into his second year of wrestling. After an unfortunate injury to his ankle last season, he is back this season fresh and ready to wrestle. Currently out for the injury, he is starting the learning process over like the rest of the team.

“Starting a new season means getting a chance to start over and learn moves for the season with the new wrestlers on the team,” said Fishback.

Fishback and the rest of the team are prepared to work hard and practice daily in order to succeed in the tournaments to come this season.