Cowboys Fight Hard, Fall Short to Sickles

Brennan Dial, Staff Writer

As the game began things seemed pretty even neither side able to break down the defense. That is until Sickles was able to score a touchdown half way through the quarter with a successful extra point. However Gaither came back fast while on their next possession marching down the field scoring a touchdown and extra point.

Second quarter began and once again the game continued to be a very even game as both teams struggled to break down the defense. That was until Sickles scored a touchdown with a successful extra point with only six seconds left in the half. The whistle blew for halftime and the cowboys trailed 14-7.

“We were still in the fight and we had to stay focused, only down by a touchdown, emotions were high and things weren’t going how we wanted but we still had to give it our all,” said
David Evo a tight end for the cowboys.

Third quarter kicked off and with the Cowboys trailing 14-7 they are looking to get back in the game but seemed to be struggling. To make things worse for the Cowboys, Sickles scored yet another touchdown half way through the quarter making it 21-7.

Fourth quarter started and trailing by two touchdowns, the Cowboys were quick to score with a touchdown run by Tray Jackson just a minute into the quarter to make the score 21-14. After a couple of minutes Sickles was able to again further the score by recovering a fumble in the end zone making the game 28-14. The sound of the final whistle left the Cowboys with another loss.

“We beat ourselves and that’s why we lost control of the game.” Said Tj Williams the cowboys running back. The cowboys will be looking to bounce back from this and win their next game.