Best gifts for that someone special

Michael Alpuin

Michael Alpuin

Nicole Mason, Staff Writer

On Valentine’s Day, couples celebrate by showing love for one another, whether it be staying inside to watch a good movie together or giving gifts to show their appreciation.

Some prefer to spend it alone but still might enjoy little gifts from friends or just hanging out with them. People have different ideas of perfect or ideal gifts.

“I’m probably going to bake cookies for my boyfriend,” senior Jaqueline Little said. Handmade gifts have been said to show how much someone cares because they are taking time out of their day to make something for their significant other.

For the ones that like to go all out for this special day, taking their girlfriend or boyfriend out for dinner and a movie or even getting him or her a six foot tall teddy bear with a large box of chocolates could be a great idea.

“My girlfriend doesn’t like Valentine’s day so we don’t really do anything for it,” senior Jack Higgins said. Not everyone is really into the lovey dovey things but it doesn’t always mean that they don’t care.

A few people might get labeled as “forever alone” but some might just prefer it that way and there’s nothing wrong with that. It isn’t a requirement to be with someone.

“I’ve never really been that interested in dating. Not saying I would never date but it’s just not that important to me. But I still give cute gifts to my close friends because it’s my way of showing how much I love them. Even if it’s just a handmade card,” sophomore Janae Davis said.

There’s always the stereotypical flowers, most likely roses, and a box of assorted chocolates but some might choose something more special, like a charm bracelet, engraved ring, or a necklace with a meaningful pendant.

“It shouldn’t even matter what you get for them. What really matters is how much you love them and care. Not how big a stuffed animal is or how expensive a gift was,” sophomore Ashani Lee said.

If someone knows a person very well, than it is not that hard to find a gift for them. Everyone is different and everyone likes different things. Some would prefer food, some would prefer jewelry, or some would prefer nothing at all. Either way it’s the thought that counts.

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

Lesser-Known Sports Teams Still Deserve Recognition

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

No Valentine? Treat Yo Self!

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

Promposal Season at Gaither

• Editorial

The Life Of Pablo Can Now Be Viewed

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

Dealing With The Seemingly Incurable Case Of Senioritis

• Editorial

Sweet Gifts To Give Your Sweetie!

• Editorial

Thanksgiving Family Traditions

• Editorial

Senioritis: A senior point-of-view

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

Valentine’s Day not just for couples anymore

• Best gifts for that someone special

Editorial

Student speaks out against substance abuse, offers alternatives

Best gifts for that someone special