Where’s Kevin? A Summer in Europe

Back to Article
Back to Article

Where’s Kevin? A Summer in Europe

Kevin Sardja, Graphics Editor

It still hasn’t hit me how absolutely incredible it was, the structures, the people, and the food, oh the food.

Let’s start back at the beginning. My name is Kevin Sardja, I’m a junior at Gaither high School and this past summer, I was fortunate enough to go on a once – in-a –lifetime trip to six countries scattered all across Europe for 19 days with a student ambassador group called People To People international.

The goal: to turn student ambassadors into passionate travelers and set good examples of Americans to our neighbors abroad.

Let me give you some background, People To People was discovered by President D. Eisenhower in 1956 to promote peace to all continents around the world and his belief that peace between nation’s starts with peace between individuals has made People To People the most recognized student ambassador program in the nation.

With People To People I was able to something I never thought possible, experience the life and cultures abroad. Six countries: the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Wales, and Ireland.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget this trip. Would I recommend it?

Definitely.

Just remember, the next time you get that manila colored letter with the official People To People stamp, think about it, take a day or two. You won’t regret it.

Next week, I tell you about the goods, the bads, and the funny of Holland in Where’s Kevin? Amsterdam Edition.