Everything you Need to Know about the Class of 2021 Graduation

Emilee Namphengsone, Staff Writer

A growing excitement stirs amongst Gaither’s senior class as students count down their last few weeks in high school. This school year has been difficult on the senior class, but with new information about graduation finally being released, students are left with a sense of relief.

Cap and Gowns

Seniors can expect their cap and gown orders to arrive to campus on April 23. Administration will be handing out orders during lunch periods. 

To receive your order is a very simple process:

1. Locate the white tables outside the lunch room and in front of the office.
  2. Give your first and last name to the teacher behind the table.
  3. Carefully transport your package back home.

If you are an E-Learner, pick up for cap and gowns will be on the bus ramp from 4:00-4:45 p.m. 

To receive your order through pickup: 

1. Head down Mapledale Blvd.
  2. Turn north into Ragg Rd. to enter the bus loop.
  3. Following the line, give your first and last name to the person distributing your order. 
  4. Carefully transport your package back home!

It is highly encouraged that seniors who have not ordered their cap and gowns do so immediately. Any last minute orders must be placed at https://www.herffjonestampabay.com/

There is a list to check which seniors have ordered their cap and gowns posted outside of Ms. Trumbach’s room or room 213. 

Protocols and Procedures

Gaither’s administration posted a PDF file with 2021 graduation information last week on Canvas. This PDF contained information for parents about new protocols and procedures for the health and safety for all participating members.

There will be 1,500 socially-distanced seats for graduation guests. No accommodations will be made. Graduating students will be “seated on the ‘floor’ of the EXPO Hall,” according to Hillsborough County Public Schools.

While the graduation itself is set to be held, the in-person graduation rehearsal has been cancelled. 

Graduates will receive 2 tickets, allowing only 2 guests to attend. Masks are required at all times in the EXPO Hall and disposable ones will be given to those who do not have one the day of graduation. Parking passes will be $6.00 and both cash or card will be accepted. 

There will be minimum staff present to avoid going over the maximum capacity.

The ceremonies for all the high school graduations are expected to be approximately 90 minutes long in order to accommodate for the venue’s cleaning and safety protocols in between each event taking place. 

If any participating member is experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or has come into contact with someone who has, should stay at home and are encouraged to watch the ceremony through HCPS’s live stream platform.