Easy Florida Scholarships for Students to Check Out

Business+People
Back to Article
Back to Article

Business People

Business People

Business People

Business People

Sabrina Maxey, Staff Writer

The 2019 spring semester is officially in full swing, and with a new semester comes a new wave of student applications. As students rush to meet college application deadlines, many fall behind, but it’s never too late to apply for some scholarships.

• Arts for Life! Scholarship Program

This scholarship is awarded to 25 high school seniors with a prize of $1,000 each.

Eligibility: Applicant must submit a portfolio, an essay describing “How the arts have positively influenced my life”, and must be a graduating high school student in the state of Florida.

Find more information about this scholarship here.

• Unigo I Have a Dream Scholarship 2019

This $1,500 scholarship is an annual, non-renewable prize awarded in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution of the winners’ choice.

Eligibility: Applicants must be 13 years of age or older and must be a legal U.S. resident.

• Rick and Sherry Murray Medical Futures Scholarship

This scholarship was established for future medical professionals who have had a spouse, parent or grandparent diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as “Lou Gehrig’s disease”).

Eligibility: Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in a U.S.-based, accredited college or university, must be a legal resident of Florida, and must be majoring in either a medically-related degree or certification program.

• ScholarshipPoints.com Scholarship

This is a $10,000 non-renewable scholarship, with four awards given out annually.

Eligibility: Applicants must be 13 years of age or older and be a legal resident of the U.S.

• Armando J. De Moya Scholarship

This $5,000 scholarship is awarded to a University of Florida student pursuing a civil engineering degree.

Eligibility: Applicant must be enrolled full-time at UF, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, have a minimum of 59 college-level credits and be a Florida resident.

• Discover Student Loans Scholarship

This scholarship is open to anyone over the age of 16 who is planning to or currently attends an accredited college or university located in the U.S.

Eligibility: Applicants must be 16 years of age or older, a U.S. resident, a high school senior or undergraduate student and must plan to or currently attend an accredited college or university located in the U.S.

• Pumphrey Law Firm Scholarship

Pumphrey Law is a criminal defense firm in Tallahassee, Florida. The firm established a semi-annual scholarship for college students who have succeeded in academics and demonstrate good character in the community.

Eligibility: Applicant must be accepted or enrolled in a U.S.-based, accredited college or university, must submit an 800-1,000 word essay based on the application’s specified topics, and must be a U.S. resident.