PTSA to Sell New Gaither Gear

Back to Article
Back to Article

PTSA to Sell New Gaither Gear

Kristin Medero and Stephanie Woychowski, PTSA Volunteers

Marlena Carrillo, Staff Writer

The start of a new school year brings new spirit wear for students to enjoy. The Gaither PTSA sells a variety of shirts, hoodies and jackets every Friday during lunch periods and will soon be selling a bunch more items of Gaither fashion.

This new merchandise mainly includes some new shirt designs, along with some old favorites as well.

“We’re gonna be bringing back a classic,” said Stephanie Woychowski, president of the Gaither PTSA. The style she is referring to is a longsleeve shirt with a Gaither logo on the front, and the words “Gaither Cowboys” along the sleeves. This year, however, they will be offering the shirt in white, a refreshing addition to the original blue.

The PTSA, which consists of dedicated volunteers pledging their time towards assisting students, staff and parents at Gaither High School, sell spirit wear every Friday outside of the cafeteria for students to purchase. Students are encouraged to wear these items on Spirit Fridays.

As for the ideas for new spirit wear, often times the main contributors are the students.

“Sometimes we get our ideas from the students,” Woychowski said, while any other ideas are pooled together from the parents and volunteers. Any students wishing to offer new suggestions are encouraged to drop them off in the PTSA box in the main office, or see a volunteer during their lunch period.

New shirts will be for sale in about two weeks, and will be available for preorder starting Friday, Aug. 26.