YMCA Club Promotes Leadership, Community Service

Brennan Dial, Staff Writer

Leadership is a club at the YMCA that helps build a healthy spirit, mind, and body while teaching leadership skills. Students can also receive volunteer hours for participating in car washes, rallies, and different activities offered through the YMCA.

There are multiple students from Gaither High School that are represented in members club.

Sam Gosselin, a member of the club and a senior at Gaither said, “I joined leaders because I had a few friends that were already in leaders and I saw the impact they had in the community.”

Leadership doesn’t just impact the community, but impacts the members as well. Members of the group, also known as Leaders, do whatever they can to help the community even if it’s something that appears unimportant to others.

“To me, it means to be a part of something bigger than just volunteering, but actually changing the lives of someone in a big or small way,” said Jose Moreno, senior and member of Leadership Club.

The first rally for Leadership is October 22nd. Members will take part in team building activities and learn about what it means to be a leader in the community.

If you are interested in impacting your community and meeting people with that same interest, you might consider joining Leadership. The group meets Mondays at 7 p.m. for anyone considering joining.