‘Avengers: Endgame’ Gives MCU Fans Something to Marvel Over

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amanda Hase, Staff Writer

The journey of the Avengers began 11 years ago with the film “Iron Man”and has told their story throughout 22 movies, but with the release of “Avengers: Endgame” last Friday, Marvel fans realize they’ve reached the end of an era. The anticipation of this movie coming out has been building up since the tragic scene of multiple Avenger’s demise after the snap in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

The film’s plot revolves around the remaining Avengers teaming up to stop Thanos for good and bring back all the victims of the snap. Marvel Studios was careful not to give anything away, with the official trailers made up of mostly the first couple minutes of the movie, which leaves close to 3 hours of never before seen content.

Anthony and Joe Russo, otherwise known as the Russo brothers, have a record of success when it comes to directing Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movies. They have previously worked on “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”, “Captain America: Civil War” and “Avengers: Infinity War”, and did not fall short when directing “Endgame.” From the very start of the movie, the audience is left with a jaw-dropping opening scene that sets the dramatic tone for the first half of the movie. Even after the short three hours had passed by I still sat in my seat waiting for more only, to be left empty-handed with no end scene credits.

Marvel’s “holy trinity” is made up of Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downy Jr.). Neither of these actors could have taken on their character and portrayed them more accurately. The three heroes had just undergone the biggest loss of their careers, and the audience couldn’t help but feel their hopelessness.

Not only was “Endgame” action-packed, but it was also filled with humor suitable for all ages. There was an occasional inside joke that only true Marvel fans would be able to detect, but other than that the movie was generally very funny. Also, there were Easter eggs scattered throughout the film that played the role of tying 22 movies together and giving the diehard Marvel fans a little something extra to enjoy.

Before the weekend was over the film had already shattered box office records. Endgame’s global box office total was $1.2 billion, including $350 million in North America and $330 million in China. So far, it’s said that “Endgame” has broken an estimate of 144 box office records globally, and has officially passed “Titanic” as the No. 2 film of all time. It is easy to say that this is the biggest movie of 2019, considering pretty much everyone is going to see it, even more than once.

Overall, “Avengers: Endgame” was like one long love letter from the MCU to their very dedicated fans. The film couldn’t have been a better tribute to the characters or previous movies. This film is definitely not one to miss, and will always be known as an iconic piece of the MCU.

• ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Gives MCU Fans Something to Marvel Over

Entertainment

Dig Up Some Fun at Clearwater Beach’s Sugar Sand Festival

Entertainment

The Morality of Consuming True Crime Media

Entertainment

5 Page-Turners Expected to Release this Year

Entertainment

New Trailer Gives Us the Live-Action Dora Movie No One Asked For

Entertainment

Top 5 Free Apps You Won’t Want to Put Down

Entertainment

Posts About the Opportunity Rover that Still Have Us Crying

Entertainment

4 Ways to Stay Healthy in High School

Entertainment

Some Fans Say ‘Thank U, Next’ to Ariana Grande’s Newest Album

Entertainment

Five Forgotten Figures of Black History Month

Editorial

Opinion: Why Valentine’s Day is Over-Hyped