6 Youtubers You Need to Be Watching Now

Back to Article
Back to Article

6 Youtubers You Need to Be Watching Now

Lexi Mariash, Staff Writer

Watching YouTube is a great way to pass some time and entertain yourself, but if you don’t know who or what to watch, you could be missing out. Here are six YouTubers you may or may not have heard of that you should watch this year.

• Gabbie Hanna

Gabbie Hanna is an online comedy personality, a singer-song writer, artist and author. She began her online career on Vine before moving to YouTube as “The Gabbie Show”, later rebranding as “Gabbie Hanna”. Usually posting once a week on Wednesday’s, Hanna’s videos span from vlogs and challenges to all kinds of stories, from bad retail experiences to glimpses into her personal life.

• Tana Mongeau

Tana Mongeau is another American online personality who got famous through her storytime videos. Mongeau likes to be open, and posts updates about her childhood and her life as a young person living in both Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Aside from her storytimes, she also posts her own hip-hop style music, try-on hauls, vlogs and different challenges.

• Cody Ko

Another former Vine star, Cody Ko, who is known for the #6secondaudition, takes on YouTube as a reaction and commentary channel. His usual videos include him reacting and making sarcastic comments on “cringey” videos or popular internet personalities. He and fellow YouTuber Noel Miller often do videos together and are currently on tour, coming to Tampa on Feb. 14.

• Josh Peck

The old Nickelodeon star Josh Peck, known for his role as Josh Nichols in Drake and Josh, has also taken the online YouTube route. Peck’s account features vlogs, “mukbangs”, where he eats and talks, and even videos where he talks with other popular YouTubers about their lives. Some of his videos feature people like his former TV costar Miranda Cosgrove, and favorite online personalities like David Dobrik and Amanda Cerny.

• JoJo Siwa

The current Nickelodeon and meme sensation JoJo Siwa began her YouTube channel “Its JoJo Siwa” to post her music videos and throwbacks to her “Dance Moms” career, as well as to do challenges and collaborate with members of the Vlog Squad like Trisha Paytas, Jason Nash and David Dobrik.

• Molly Burke

Last on this list, Molly Burke has one quality that makes her different from most Youtubers: she’s blind. At the age of four Burke got diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa, and began speaking publicly as an ambassador for the Foundation Fighting Blindness Canada at the age of five. In addition to being a motivational speaker she also releases YouTube videos weekly and is featured on other YouTubers’ channels, such as Shane Dawson and Gabbie Hanna. Her content consists of storytimes, hauls and videos relating to her impairment, like “blind cooking challenges”, as well as some motivational content.

From storytimes to mukbangs, YouTube has  it all, and now you can spice up your feed by subscribing to these six accounts.

• 6 Youtubers You Need to Be Watching Now

Entertainment

The Morality of Consuming True Crime Media

Entertainment

5 Page-Turners Expected to Release this Year

Entertainment

New Trailer Gives Us the Live-Action Dora Movie No One Asked For

Entertainment

Top 5 Free Apps You Won’t Want to Put Down

Entertainment

Posts About the Opportunity Rover that Still Have Us Crying

Entertainment

4 Ways to Stay Healthy in High School

Entertainment

Some Fans Say ‘Thank U, Next’ to Ariana Grande’s Newest Album

Entertainment

Five Forgotten Figures of Black History Month

Editorial

Opinion: Why Valentine’s Day is Over-Hyped

Entertainment

Top Best and Worst Grammy Looks for 2019

6 Youtubers You Need to Be Watching Now