Top 10 Turkey Day Specials to Watch This Thanksgiving

Austin Carlton, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving Day is upon us, and many are guilty of overlooking this beloved national holiday. If you’re someone who isn’t in the Thanksgiving spirit quite yet, here’s a list of the top 10 Thanksgiving specials to get you feeling festive.  

• “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” 

The Charlie Brown series is known for its many holiday specials. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is one of the most recognized Thanksgiving classics. In the film, the character Peppermint Patty invites herself and some other guests to Charlie Brown’s for Thanksgiving. Charlie, Snoopy and Woodstock all try to throw together a Thanksgiving dinner for the unexpected guests.  

• “Bob’s Burgers” (Season 3, Episode 5) 

This cartoon series has a plethora of Thanksgiving specials, but the most iconic of all would be “An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal”. In this episode, the Belcher family is invited to their landlord Mr. Fishoeder’s house for Thanksgiving. In the episode the Belcher family has to pretend to be a part of Mr. Fishoeder’s family as he tries to impress a woman that he hopes to marry. The episode is quite comical and ends with a lovely tune improvised by none other than Linda Belcher.  

• “Rugrats” ( Season 4, Episode 16) 

This popular 90s cartoon also has quite a few iconic holiday specials. In this episode, the babies befriend a wild turkey on Thanksgiving. The endeavors of the babies, as well as the turkey, make for a very interesting “Hanksgiving”, as Tommy would say.  

• “Hey Arnold” (Season 3, Episode 14)

Hey Arnold”, another iconic 90s cartoon, also had a memorable Thanksgiving episode. During the episode Arnold gets fed up with all of the arguments and bickering at Thanksgiving, so he goes out in search of a “real” Thanksgiving. Arnold winds up at his teacher’s house, and finally gets to experience Thanksgiving like he never has.  

• “Family Guy” (Season 10, Episode 6)

The Thanksgiving episode of “Family Guy” follows the Griffin family and several of their neighbors as they celebrate Thanksgiving festivities.  Staying true to traditional “Family Guy” fashion, the episode is full of countless jokes that make it an unforgettable episode.  

• The Office” ( Season 7, Episode 9) 

The Office” is one of the most popular shows in the past decade. With its relatable humor the special makes for a glorious holiday episode that can put nearly everyone into the Thanksgiving spirit! 

• “Friends” ( Season 5, Episode 8) 

The popular 90s sitcom has several memorable Thanksgiving episodes, one of the most popular being “The One With All the Thanksgiving”. The episode showcases each of the friends sharing their worst Thanksgiving experiences. When the stories jump to the present, we find Joey with his head stuck in a turkey, but there is much more left to the episode after this.  

• “Glee” (Season 4, Episode 8)

This show has the perfect Thanksgiving episode for you if you’re into a song-and-dance type show. The episode is mostly about the Glee Club auditioning for sectionals on Thanksgiving Day.  

• “That’s So Raven” Season 3, Episode 27)

In this holiday special, Raven and her best friend Chelsea go visit Raven’s country relatives to make amends for a feud the family had years prior. Raven plays three other characters, Baby G, Delroy, and Auntie Faye to make for a “rootin’ tootin’” good episode with hilarious southern accents, all done by Raven Symoné herself.  

• “The Addams Family Values

This supernatural sequel to the original “Addams Family” follows around the characters from the previous film, along with some new ones as well. Wednesday Addams is cast as Pocahontas in a Thanksgiving play at her camp. The movie keeps the same twisted humor that it had in the first movie, and though it’s not quite as popular, it is perfect for this holiday season.

• Top 10 Turkey Day Specials to Watch This Thanksgiving

Entertainment

Freeform Revives ‘Life-Size’ for Holiday Sequel

Entertainment

Your Last-Minute Guide to Holiday Spirit Week

Entertainment

Ariana Grande Combines Iconic Movies for Music Video About Self-Love

Entertainment

New ‘Grinch’ Review: Jim Carrey Classic Still Steals Christmas

Entertainment

Upcoming Events to Check Out in Tampa

Entertainment

Disney Plans to Add New Streaming Service

Entertainment

Become Immersed in ‘Traveling’ 8D Music Trend

Entertainment

Armature Works: Tampa’s Very Own ‘Hipster Disneyland’

Entertainment

3 Vegan Restaurants to Try in Tampa Bay

Entertainment

Which Kind of Black Friday Shopper Are You?