10 Signs You Go to Gaither High School

Olivia Dyer, Staff Writer

If you ever wondered if you’ve attended Gaither High School, here are some signs that might help confirm your conspiracy.

• Your principals have their own talk show.

From “Burger’s Beef” to “Getting it Dunn”, expect to hear some dad jokes while reviewing rules with our assistant principals.

• Drumline interrupts your lunch.

Every other Friday you can expect your lunchroom conversations to be cut short by the overbearing sounds of drums reminding you there’s a home game.

• You know the custodian’s name.

If you’ve been here for a quarter, a semester, or all your four years of high school, you’ve probably stumbled upon Gaither’s true mascot; a custodian named Mario who never fails to bring a smile to student faces, even on the saddest of days.

• Every announcement ends with “Go Cowboys!”

Whether it’s a positive announcement like “The volleyball team won a game” or a negative one like “We could’ve done better on that fire drill”, it will inevitably end with “Go Cowboys!”

• The bell schedule has changed.

Often times when you arrive to class, you find that a new bell schedule has been printed out and class periods have been changed, which means you’re probably gonna be late to next period.

• It takes forever to get in/out of the parking lot.

Gaither is home to many things. One of them, in particular, is our 40-minute waiting periods while entering and exiting the parking lot.

• Everybody is a SoundCloud rapper.

Call it a phase or the Gaither Renaissance, but our school is filled with upcoming rappers who never fail to live up to our expectations.

• Adidas track pants and a Gaither T-shirt is practically your uniform.

When you’re walking through the halls, you will almost always see track pants matched with a Gaither shirt – it’s trendy!

• Nobody remembers you have a newspaper.

Because “Is this for yearbook?” and ”We have a newspaper?” never gets old.

• You couldn’t be prouder to be a Cowboy!

I mean… who isn’t?