Big Bang Theory Starts Season 10 off Strong

Last season CBS’ comedy hit ended with a cliffhanger and season 10 has started with a bang. The finale of the last season was a comedic anti-climax which left fans wondering if Sheldon’s mom, Mary, and Leonard’s dad, Alfred, were going to do the deed in a hotel room and so, after a recap, it was time to deal with the morning after.

The episode was busy due to a lot of loose ends being tie up and new faces to meet. We had a lot to catch up on with the characters we already know, and we got to meet Penny’s mom and brother as well as dealing with the outcome of Howard’s paranoia after he was contacted by the US government.

There were parts that might be a little too much to pack into one episode for us to really get the most out of many of the main cast and the guest stars. The upside of this was that you were left wanting more from everyone and hoping that we haven’t seen the last of them.

In the season premiere we got to meet Penny’s brother Randall (Jack McBrayer) and her mom, Susan (Katey Sagal). Both were interesting characters to meet. Susan was worried about meeting Leonard’s parents and what they would think of her family. Randall, Penny’s brother, was in prison due to manufacturing and distribution of crystal meth but was out on parole due to overcrowding. His character was definitely not what I would have expected after hearing about him, but the light-hearted spin on his character was funny to watch and I hope to see him again.

Of course, it would not be a wedding without the awkward family drama and that is exactly what we got since Alfred and Mary spend the night together. Sheldon started off that morning asking Alfred if he had defiled his mother much to the embarrassment of both adults. Viewers also got to see Beverly showing her vulnerable side. That’s something we saw last season when she admitted that she was hurt by not being part of her son’s wedding and now she feels humiliated by Mary and Alfred.

The wedding itself was beautiful, and I loved seeing Penny and Leonard exchange their vows in front of everyone. The ceremony was filled with tension amongst the characters and snarky comments prevailed until the pit bull in Bernadette was released. That was what I was waiting for. I love when Bernadette starts her ranting and everyone is fearful of her.

Leonard’s parents manage to be nice to each other long enough to admit the one good thing that’s come from their relationship: Leonard. And if anyone notice it was the one nice thing Beverly had ever said to her son on the show.

This could also be a hint that in the future Penny and Leonard might be moving in together and letting Sheldon go. Sheldon then jumped in to make his feelings known about both of his two closest friends, which was very sweet and at the same time very Sheldon like, and stands with both of them as Bernadette pronounces them husband and wife.

I enjoy the season premiere and I cannot wait to see what will happen next.

Some questions I have are: How will Howard and Bernadette deal with the birth of their child? How will the gang deal with a baby being part of their group?

Will Raj ever find love with Emily?

Will Penny and Leonard every move in together without Sheldon?

Will Sheldon propose to Amy like he had planned to do last season and will they move in together?

• Big Bang Theory Starts Season 10 off Strong

Entertainment

Netflix Originals You Won’t Want to Miss

Entertainment

Summer 2017: A Recap

Entertainment

GHS Chorus Wows with Annual Spectrum Show

• Entertainment

‘Carpool Karaoke’ Gets its Own Time Slot

Entertainment

Lady Gaga Brings ‘Joanne’ to Tampa

Entertainment

Man’s Best Friend? A Closer Look at ‘A Dog’s Purpose’

Entertainment

NxWorries’ ‘Yes Lawd!’ Disappoints after ‘Malibu’

Entertainment

TWD: Season Premiere Recap (SPOILERS)

Entertainment

“The Girl on the Train” flies off the rails

Entertainment

GHS Students Make Music and Memories