Taco Bus is a “must eat” experience

Anthony Prieto, Assistant Sports Editor

It is Tampa’s new must-eat destination; they serve tacos in a drive-up bus.

The Taco Bus, is a bus, literally, a bus that you go and eat Mexican food. There is no indoor seating,no booths and everyone is there for the food.

“It was a great experience and the food was so flavorful too. I went over the summer and had the best chicken quesadilla of my life. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it an 11. It’s that good.I would go back every day if I could,” said senior Jelani Ottley.

The Taco Bus has been featured on the Travel Channel and has gained quite a bit of local acclaim. It was on the T.V. show “Man vs. Food Nation”. The host actually ate a beef kabob taco. He said it was amazing, by the way.

“The food is pretty good. I’m not a big Mexican food fan but I liked the food. I don’t remember what I ate but I remember it tasted good.    On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give the place an 8.5 because the food is really good. I would probably go back because I liked the food,” said sophomore Tri Kantrasiri.

At first I was skeptical and hoping it wasn’t a dirty, little taco stand. It’s not that what so ever. It was fairly clean, the service was good, and the people were very friendly. The atmosphere was great: the place was buzzing with loud Spanish music and happy customers. The atmosphere was almost as good the food.

The menu was expansive, the tacos were delicious, and the burritos were absolutely huge, but size didn’t substitute for quality and at a modest price, none the less. I would also try the green sauce on the table or “salsa verde”. It provided great flavor with a kick. Overall the place is great; I loved the food and the atmosphere.